1) Sports Drills - Ever want the body of Gabi Reese? Maybe Anna Kournikova? This drills are designed to improve your skill in certain sports. While they are generally for certain athletes, some gyms offer classes or training for individuals who just want a different workout.
2) Boxing - I love boxing. Not only do you learn how to kick some as.... ummm.. butt, you get a great workout. Trust me, when you do 2-minute rounds of bob-and-weave/hook combos, the next day your abs will be hating loving you. Really. :)
3) Boot Camp - Some of you may have already tried this workout. I have to say I haven't done this. Not since I was in Air Force ROTC in college. And that was about *cough* *mumbled number* years ago. But I will say this, if it is anything like actual military boot camp?? It's a really awesome workout.
4) Kettlebell Lifting - I'm going to be honest. I have never tried kettlebells. The closest I have gotten to them is watching the contestants on The Biggest Loser sweating and groaning with them. Maybe my problem is from watching Jillian kill them... hmmmmmm.... *rubs chin*
5) KRAV MAGA - Can you tell which is my favorite?? In fact, I had to put a different picture on here because the one in the article was kind of wimpy. (I got this picture from an article at chicagonow.com. Krav is a great, and addictive, workout. It is the Israeli form of self-defense/fighting. And let me just tell you - - after a tough day at work? It's therapeutic to go to a class and punch, hit, kick, etc. on a bag. And women, don't worry, the techniques were specifically formed to be applicable for both men and women. I have to say it is very satisfying to be paired up with the new guy who says "I don't want to hurt you," which would then be proceeded by you kicking their tooshes. *insert evil grin here* Moving on!
6) Muay Thai Kickboxing - Again, a really great workout. It is similar to Krav in that it is physically intense, uses muscles you didn't know you had, and trains you to be mentally prepared. I have taken classes in this as well, and it is really incredible. One thing I can add, in most martial arts classes, you are using what has been called "bursting energy." Meaning you go from 0 to 100 in one second. You will go at very high intensity for a short time, and then have a period of rest. In fact, since this kind of workout is so different than endurance training, marathon runners and other endurance athletes have a hard time with it. Makes me feel good actually. :)
7) Fusion Dance - Okay, I have never tried this, but it seems incredibly cool. To me, the name 'fusion dance' seemed like a new weird type of dancing that I didn't think I would be into. However!! I was proved wrong. What it means is that they have fused several dance styles into one class. In a class, you may learn to salsa, or waltz, or do ballet, etc. Sounds pretty cool huh? And if you ever become famous and make it to Dancing with the Stars, you will already have a leg up.
8) Bikram Yoga - For more information, see the article. I am already wanting to get into yoga to increase my core strength and flexibility. But adding heat is supposed to increase circulation and help your joints. Like I said, I don't know anything about it, so I'll refrain from giving judgement.
9) Belly Dancing - Okay, this just seems really cool and/or fun. I looks like you would work your abs a TON. Even those pesky lateral abs. And hey -- if you want to practice in front of the hubby/fiance/boyfriend? I'm sure they won't mind. *insert evil laugh here*
10) Exotic Dancing - Now, let's make sure that we have this clear. They are suggesting pole dancing classes. Not going out and pole dancing at a bar. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Just sayin'. But man, have you ever seen what those women can do with a pole?? Holy crap. I'd kill myself. But it seems incredibly cool. And again - I'm sure that the man in your life might allow you to practice for him. Just don't let him install a pole in the bedroom. It won't match the bedding. (Maybe. Although I haven't seen your bedding. I'm just making a guess.)
So there ya go! If you guys try any of these, and love... or loathe... them, let me know! What do you guys think? Are you going to try any of these?