Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

Turning 30-10 and feeling a new start....

I know. I KNOW!!! You don't have to yell at me. I'm aware that I haven't been around for a while. Okay, for years.

I'M SORRY!! I really am. And I promise I'll be better.
From: http://www.ultimateecards.com/image/856-sorry-card

Now, where was I?? Oh yeah, last time I showed up, I was living in Florida with a new position at Embry-Riddle. Unfortunately, I'm not there anymore. Where am I, you ask? What thrilling and exciting thing am I doing??

Well, being the masochist that I am, I'm back in school.
Yeah. I know.

I decided to go back to school to get a degree in mechanical engineering, which, hopefully, will allow me to become gainfully employed doing something cool that will pay me a decent salary. Yup, I live in fantasy land. I'm aware.

So here's the deal.

In the light of my desire to be brutally honest with you guys, yes, I've gained a bunch of weight back. It doesn't mean it will stay, but I feel the need to be upfront about it. It's kind of like FA - Fats Anonymous. The first step is admitting you have a problem. "My name is Jules, and I just had three Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle bars. I couldn't help it. Have you had them?? It's like chocolate-y heroin!" I really didn't have three just now. But I might have at some point in my past.
... or several points...
... or a lot of points....

That's besides the fact!!! Moving on!

From: http://stampingwithannieb.blogspot.com/
The other big thing that has happened is that I turned 40 last October. Or as my mother said, I turned 30-10. While I had a great birthday weekend with friends in New Orleans, I have to admit, this birthday kind of wigged me out. What does this mean? My metabolism becomes nonexistent? Men suddenly have no use for me? I accidentally pee a little bit when I sneeze?? WHAT HAPPENS?!?!

I'll tell you what I hope happens. I hope that this is my f***ing decade, that's what! I hope that my 40s are the best of my life as of yet! Heck yeah!

That's what happens.

Right????


Catch you in the next blog post!!! Have a great weekend and I hope you come back. :)

1 comments:

natachac said...

Yaaaaayyyyy!

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates