Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 86 - I have a confession to make.

This week was a good weigh in.  It made me very happy.  Except....  see....  Yesterday, I decided to make the tomato pesto that I love.  And put it on bread.  So I had some.

Okay.

Maybe I had a lot.

AHEM!!

I might as well be completely upfront here.  I started with a loaf of pugliese bread. And this is what was left:

*sigh*  Yes...  I ate almost all of it.

I promise that I will not do that the rest of the week. Ummmmmm.... I promise I will try to not to do that the rest of the week. :)

On the kitty cat front...  Her numbers weren't great when we checked yesterday morning.  I got to keep her home but last night was tough.  It was my first time doing subcutaneous fluids on her.  She did really well, just laying there while I did it.  But man!  Talk about stressful and nerve racking!  (Is that redundant?) I've given animals shots before, but this is different.  1) The needle is HUGE. 2) You have an IV back pumping fluid in.  It makes this pocket of fluid.  ICK. But we go through it.  Seriously though... it was hard to get through. Between that and her meds... it was a tough night.  I'm taking her back to check her numbers tomorrow.  I'll keep you posted.

But it's the weekend so YAY!!!  I have no idea what my plans are.  Anyone have any good ideas??
I hope everyone has a great weekend!

4 comments:

Christie Farrar said...

aww poor kitty... I know how stressful it can be to take care of your babies like that :( hope she is doing better

maybe thats why you ate all the bread? aside from the fact that you really really really really love bread?

thinking of you and kitty x

ARJules said...

Hey there! Well, we will see how she is tomorrow morning. I'll let you guys know. But she's almost 19 years old. So .... *plugs ears with her fingers* Not going to say it... not going to say it..... LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!!! But thanks for keeping her in your thoughts!

And yes, I love bread. I adore it. I would keep it as a pet. And pet it, and stroke it, pat it on the head, and call it George.

Is that weird??

Raegun said...

Hey there! Thanks for your comment over at my blog. <3
I made some fresh thai-style pesto last night and had a hard time controlling myself, so I completely understand. I'm hoping to post the recipe this week, so pop by if you're interested in another yummy recipe. Not that I'm trying to be a bad influence of anything. ;)
Rae
xo

ARJules said...

Oh for the love of god!!!!!! Do NOT let me know about that recipe. Are you trying to kill me over here?!?!?! Bad influence..... *shakes head* ;)

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates