Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Really? They had to do a study to know this?

I just read a short article about women's health titled Troubled Minds Can Mean Wider Waistlines that stated... 
"Common mental health disorders, such as anxiety and depression, may increase a person's risk of obesity, and people with repeated episodes of these disorders are particularly at risk, British researchers say."
 Really?  They needed to do a 19 year study on if depression and anxiety lead to obesity??  I think everyone knows that a large percentage of people  eat when they are sad or anxious.  That's a given fact.  But the good thing that came out of it was that they also found..
"Contrary to some previous research, this new study found little evidence that obesity leads to common mental health disorders in people with no pre-existing mental health problems, wrote Mika Kivimaki, of University College London, and colleagues."
Well, that's definitely good news!
I think that we all should examine what caused us to get to be overweight in the first place.  I read a few blogs (will insert links in an edit) that looked at causes of their being overweight.  And I've decided to bear all (not literally - don't want to make anyone sick!) about what caused me to be overweight in the first place.  Maybe once I confront it head on, I'll be able to move on. Here's hopin'!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates