Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 11 - Weekend Antics

So I've had a busy, but fun, weekend.  And guess what?  I didn't go beserk on my eating!  I know - it's shocking.

Saturday, I slept in.  They say that to lose weight it is imperative to get your sleep.   I must have taken it to heart because I woke up at 11am.  I had my coffee, which is a must!   Here's a tip for coffee drinkers!  I, as you might now from one of my first posts, am addicted to coffee.  And my favorite is a Starbucks Venti Iced Caramel Latte.  Oh.  My mouth just started watering. Damnit.  But in order to cut back calories, and money, I have switched to making coffee at home.  I use the Via packets from Starbucks (the medium strength, in the orange box), which are instant coffee packets, but actually quite good.  And then I add a hot chocolate packet to it.  I splurge and use the Swiss Miss milk chocolate packets, which are 120 calories.  But you can use sugar free which will cut down both calories and sugar.  And it's really good!  At least I think so anyway.

After my late start, I ran out the door without much to eat.  Bad. I know.  I made my way to the hair salon.  Purple hair no more!  It looks really great, if I do say so myself!  But as much as I love my stylist, she takes her sweet time on things.  So after 4 hours at the salon, yes I said four hours, I had to go directly to Yuri's Night to see the planes fly.  (Did I mention I'm a plane/flying fanatic?)  I didn't stay long because, well, I was hungry!

Even with my bad eating habits that day, I still didn't go home and binge eat because I was starving.  So yay me!! So at the end of the day, I'm feeling pretty good.... I had a good day... got ready to snuggle up in bed.  You know that feeling of anticipation before getting all comfy and snuggled in bed??  Yeah... well, I sat on the bed and..... *SNAP* *bed goes plop*  *insert tons of cussing here*

Yup -- you know you need to lose weight when... YOU BREAK YOUR FREAKIN' BED!

I believe it is fixable, but in the meantime, at least I found a use for some of my old text books:

At least it allows me to sleep in my bed right?

I did a lot of running around today, returning things to store in the mall.  (I hate the mall.)  But this evening, I went over to a friend of mine's for dinner.  I was prepared to kind of blow my diet.  But the great thing is, Jessica is already healthy and fixed a healthy dinner.  I am hoping to get some recipes from her and I'll post them if I'm allowed.  We had some french bread de la campagne with this really great sun dried tomatoes pesto that Jess made. Omg - I could have kept eating that forever. It was so good! For dinner we had pork chops and couscous.  And some chardonnay.  It was so good!

Guess what??  Even with all of the deliciousness of dinner, I came in on my target calorie count for today!  WOO HOO!  I'm telling you... if I don't do well on the scale this week, I'll be very frustrated.

So that was my weekend in a nutshell.  Hope you guys had a good one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the props! i'm actually quite impressed with myself considering i hadn't tried any of those recipes before! :) -- Jess

Unknown said...

You had purple hair? Cool. Is there a picture of your hair somewhere on here? Im not a big coffee person but sometimes I have the soy white mocha latte or the mint one of that, but I can only drink it if it's iced. Weird, huh? I hardly ever have those cuz caffeeine makes me wired, and plus its too $$!! I would have gotten cranky/headachey if I didn’t eat that long. You don’t wanna be around me if I don’t eat. Oh no your bed. Mine is just a matress and box spring right on the floor. Mmm I love couscous. Sounds like a nice weekend overall. My weeknd that weekend was crazy in palm springs. :)

ARJules said...

It was a good weekend! Jess is a lot of fun ... and a good cook. :)

I did have purple hair but I'm not sure if I have any pictures of it. It was cool and I always got comments on it. But I just didn't want to keep up with it anymore. So it's back to dark, dark brown.

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates