Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 16 - Scales are inconsequential... maybe

*trying to kill herself by paper-cutting her wrists*  Well, that doesn't work.  Just as an FYI.  I guess I'll just have to persevere.  *le sigh*

So, I tried the scale again this morning.  And it's the SAME as yesterday.  But I'm comforted by the knowledge that in order to have gained weight, I would have had to eat lots of extra calories. I know I didn't, so I'm trying not to freak out.  Trying!  On the good side, I measured myself again yesterday.  And in those few days, I lost 3 1/2 inches.  So yay me!


I was looking at possible reasons that the scale has become possessed.  (Other than it is Satan's scale.)  I'm hoping that it is water retention.  Seeing as how I am close to that time of month.  Was that TMI?  That was TMI wasn't it?  Sorry.  What??  Aren't you interested in my personal bodily functions?!  I don't see why not.  Heh.  My question is: how the he** did men get out of the whole monthly weight gain thing?? I mean, really.  What about our evolution caused men to get the easy way out??? Grrrrrrrr.

On the other hand, I went back to the dermatologist's office today.  I may not have mentioned this, but I'm now on a medication that has the potential to raise cholesterol and triglyceride levels.  And guess what?? It did.  It isn't outrageous, but my dermatologist said I needed to be on a lean protein, no complex carb diet.  Like, no milk, no red meat, no pasta, no potatoes, no....  everything.  That also means, no latte coffees.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!  *falls to her knees*  Why hath thou forsaken me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

*breathes deep*

Okay, I can do this.  But at least eating lots of fruits, veggies, and lean meats will be good for me!  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

JourneyBeyondSurvival said...

Oooooh. *wish* Luck! You're going to be fine.

Unknown said...

Oh..i would get crabby without my carbs. Yrs ago I tried the atkins diet and I got really depressed and crabby, so I know. Bleh. Im not a coffee latte fan but yum to chai lattes. Congrats on your inches!

ARJules said...

Thanks guys! I'm ... ummmm.. okay without the carbs. Somewhat anyway. :) I'm eleven days in and well, still kicking anyway. I'm missing my carbs but I still have a little bit, just to keep me from going crazy and eating the entire bakery section of the supermarket. Heh heh

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates